Pre-pandemic, remote support was a helpful option to save an in-person visit. But since the lockdowns during the time of COVID, it has been elevated to a whole new position.
Contactless solutions are now being advertised for everything from grocery shopping to pizza delivery, and remote IT support is the ultimate no-contact solution for getting much-needed computer help.
65% of surveyed U.S. consumers like contactless services and say they align with their current health and safety priorities.
Are you taking full advantage of the features of your remote support service in your marketing?
Many IT providers haven’t changed how they advertise remote support since the pandemic began. It’s still just a tab on their website menu, easily overlooked by someone looking for computer repairs or help with work-from-home employee devices.
If you’re not pushing remote support in new and exciting ways, you can easily miss out on sales opportunities and a chance for recurring remote support business from companies.
Here are several ideas for clever ways to market your report support.
Remote Support for Remote Teams
It’s expected that in 2021, the number of permanent remote employees will double. The work-from-home (WFH) approach is just getting off the ground, and as companies navigate how to make it work at full efficiency, the cost savings will drive this transition.
60% of surveyed executives plan to increase spending on remote team virtual solutions.
Position your firm as a full-service IT partner that can support a WFH team through your remote support services. People more easily remember something if it has a name, so give this particular solution for virtual workers a snappy name (i.e.“Virtual Team Tech Package”).
Create a special page on your website for the service and emphasize things like:
- Use of encryption for security
- Use of multi-factor authentication
- Audit trail for all work done
- X minutes response time
- Boost in productivity when employees don’t have to struggle
- Improvement in the firm’s remote team cybersecurity
Fast, Safe Home & Family Support
The last thing a busy family wants to do is try to schedule a time to drive to a computer shop to have a system looked at. The pandemic has meant more PC activities are happening at home and virtually (work, school, HOA meetings, etc.).
This means more computer problems are also happening at home when something goes wrong.
Position your remote support for home and family needs and highlight areas such as:
- Fast help for student computer issues
- Set up of computer & parental safety
- The convenience of having a “computer guru” come to them virtually
- Note all the things that can be done remotely
- Return to normal faster by having their system fixed quickly
- Cost savings from no service call
Remote Support for Freelancers
Freelancers now make up about 35% of the global workforce, and that number is expected to continue to rise.
This is a largely untapped market when it comes to computer support services because freelancers live in that hybrid residential/business world for most IT providers. Not really a company, but most do rely on their computer for their family income.
Position remote support as an affordable insurance policy for keeping their business running effectively. For freelancers, often every minute counts. If they charge a project based upon it taking 3 hours, and a computer problem causes it to take 6, then they’ve just halved their income on that project.
Market Freelancer Remote Support with some of the following emphasis points in mind:
- Affordable options
- Convenience, no visits to the computer shop
- Protection of their livelihood
- Offers security protections for their data.
- A remote tune-up can boost their efficiency, allowing them to complete work faster, thus earn more in a week.
- With their income riding on their computer, it makes sense to protect it
- Fast help when it’s needed to get past a software or system stuck point
One additional option you may think about adding is the ability for remote managed IT customers to get a “loaner” laptop for a week if they have a major issue that puts their computer of commission for a while.
Create Remote Support 1-Service Options
Some people may not take advantage of remote support because they don’t know how much it’s going to cost for what they need. They might also be confused about what can be done through remote support.
You can cut through that confusion by coming up with 4-5 common remote support services and pricing those separately, like an á la carte version of your remote support with a flat rate.
Ideas for your remote support menu could be:
- Remote virus removal
- Remote PC tune-up
- Remote Microsoft 365 setup
- Remote setup for social media account security
- Remote device cybersecurity review
- 45-minute software/email support or training session
Try a Remote Support Software That Can Support Any Client Needs
Instant Housecall is an all-in-one remote support tool that gives you everything you need to support multiple remote client needs, along with “extras” that give you a competitive edge.
Try Instant Housecall risk-free for 15 days and experience it for yourself!